Well Aaeru recently posted these questions on their blog, and well everyone else seems to be answering them so I’ll join the herd and do so myself
1. Who is your favourite female visual novel character?
Well, honestly I’m going to have to go with Toko Kuchiki from Kara no Shoujo. Because well I really liked that character really.(Closely followed by Yuuko Amamiya from ef~)
2. Who is your favourite male visual novel character?
Masato Inohara, Without a doubt I just love this guy. he is just such a MAN
3. What is your favourite visual novel?
Well It’s going to have to be Saya no Uta, This was the first Visual novel I ever played and well It was beautiful I can probably say if I never did play it I probably wouldn’t be as much into Visual novels as I am now.
4. What is your favourite visual novel soundtrack (or song)?
The sound track from Sekien no Inganock- What a Beautiful People- is something I’ve loved ever since I first played it and in fact I still listen to the soundtrack alot even now.
5. Which is your favourite visual novel opening animation?
The openings in Ef- just everything about it was spectacular, truly was wonderful.
6. What is your favourite scene in a visual novel?
If I ignore guro murder scenes( I’m looking at all you Innocent grey games I’ve played/playing) I have two favourite scenes, firstly in Little busters! (refrain) when Riki has to say goodbye to all the little buster members (That scene moved me, I cried 8 manly tears) and the scene in Saya no Uta where Saya pollinates the world with eldritch horrors. (that scene was also very touching for me)
7. What qualities in a VN character do you gravitate most towards?
A character who holds true to their ideals, never giving up what they believe in no matter how much they have to sacrifice they stay true. be their ideals good or bad I find characters.
8. Which character in a VN is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Ahaha I can’t really think of anyone, but I would like to be someone like Masato.
9. Who is your favourite VN Artist?
A really tough question, I can’t really think of a single one who I adore more than any other, there are alot of styles and well I’m not that picky as long as it’s pretty, sad to say.
(Though do have to say, DEM LEGS!)
10. Who is your favourite VN writer?
A very Generic response for this I really like Jun Maeda for his work on Clannad, Little Busters! e.c.t. Probably followed by Nasu Kinoko and Ryukishi07 (Though I also really like Hikaru Sakurai ’cause well I just like the ~WAB~ series as a whole)
11. What is your favourite thing about visual novel/eroge?
The way It takes so many different mediums and just strings it all together in a format where I can read the story at my own pace and enjoy it, I’ve always like reading since I was small, I’ve enjoyed watching anime and movies and all that for years.
12. What is one thing you would eliminate from all VNs to make them more perfect?
Less of the same type of thing, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about alot of visual novels go through the same generic thing. What I’d like is for writers to branch out and expand their stories and characters.
13. Do you think you’ll ever stop playing VNs?
14. Are you open about the fact that you play VNs with people you know?
I think just about everyone who really knows me, knows that I play VNs. It’s not something I attempt to hide.
15. Which visual novel was the biggest let down for you?
Mostly I try to not expect to much from any new titles unless I have a formidable amount of information backing that it will be good. But the only recent let down I’ve really had would be Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo (I know a fairly old one but I only bothered with it recently) I just expected more, I really enjoyed G-string and well Sharin no Kuni kinda flopped and I found myself abit bored with it.
16. Name one VN nobody-has-played that you would recommend for others.
Urhhh urmmm Urggg, Shiei no Sona-Nyl -What a beautiful memories-, I found this VN to be rather interesting and no one I know has played it.
(come on Mahou Shoujo with a golden scythe, IT’S COOL!)